1. Use the forEach method instead of map if you are not creating a new array from the iteration. forEach is faster because it does not create a new array.
2. Use the map method on a smaller array if possible. For example, if you have a large array and you only need to map over a subset of it, create a new array with just the subset and use map on that.
3. If you are using map to transform each element of the array, use a specialized method for the transformation instead of using map. For example, if you are transforming each element to a string, use the toString method instead of using map.
4. If you are using map to filter an array, use the filter method instead. filter is optimized for filtering and will be faster than using map for that purpose.
5. Use a for loop instead of map if you need to perform complex operations on each element of the array. map is optimized for simple transformations, so a for loop will be faster for more complex operations.
05 Dec 2022
« Back to post